2017 MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
If you wish to apply to become a Member of the Great Western Chapter, it is a requirement that you are a current member of H.O.G® (Harley Owner’s Group), i.e. either as a Full Member, Life Full Member, Associate Member or Life Associate Member.
If you are not yet a member of H.O.G.® You can join online by clicking HERE.
Your H.O.G® membership status will be checked by us before any new application/ renewal is accepted. If your H.O.G® membership expires, and is not renewed, then your membership of the Great Western Chapter also ceases. You can only be an Associate Member of H.O.G® if you are nominated by a Full H.O.G® member (normally your partner).
Each Member of the Chapter may introduce one Guest at our “Closed” events (Chapter-specific), for whom membership of H.O.G® is not required. FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL GUEST, THIS MAY BE ON THREE SEPARATE OCCASIONS, AFTER WHICH TIME CONTINUED ATTENDANCE REQUIRES BECOMING A MEMBER OF H.O.G® AND OF THE CHAPTER.
If your husband/wife, or partner, also rides a Harley (and is a Full Member of H.O.G®) you are eligible to pay a reduced joint rate.
Membership is Annual and runs from January 1st to December 31st.
Chapter Membership fees may be paid by cheque (or cash, if joining at one of our monthly Club nights).
New members who join the Chapter during 2017 will pay a proportion of the Annual Fee, depending on the month in which they join.
Full information about the relationship of the Great Western Chapter to H.O.G.® is described in the Annual Charter for H.O.G.® Chapters. You are required to confirm that you have read the content of this document when signing the waiver form. The constitutional details for the Chapter are summarised in the Chapter Operational Policies which you can read here
Click on the above document names to download PDF copies.
Subscription Rates for 2017 are shown on the relevant application form.
Benefits of becoming a member of the Great Western Chapter:
- A free Chapter Pin, with our Wings & Bridge logo plus 5 and 10 year membership patches
- Eligibility to purchase and wear H.O.G® / Chapter-specific pins, patches and other merchandise
- You have the opportunity to attend one, or both, of our monthly Club Nights (one in England and the other in Wales). These are great social events where you can soon make new Harley-rider friends
- Receive our quarterly magazine, RoadHOG
- Join a variety of rideouts/ trips throughout the year, catering for all levels of riding experience
- Assisted travel to a variety of rallies, both in the UK and abroad
- Attendance (and helping organise) our annual Chapter Rally, “Hogs in the Hayfields”
- A wide variety of other social events, such as Christmas and Chapter birthday parties, events sponsored by Riders of Bristol etc
- Very importantly, to help support the Chapter’s chosen charity, Blood Bikers.
- All members are invited, upon applying to join the Chapter, also to become a member of the “100 Club”. For a payment of just £12 per person for the year, this gives an opportunity to win cash prizes in our quarterly draw during Club Nights at “The Cross Hands Hotel”, Old Sodbury, or at St Mary’s Hotel, Pencoed, as well as providing important support for charity.
If you have any questions at all, please e-mail or phone me – thank you.
Laura (Chapter Secretary).
tel: 07879 636366
To download a New Members Application Form (PDF file) click here: New Members Application Form
If you are already a member of GWC and do not have a renewal form, you can download a form here: Current Members Renewal Application Form
Information Updated April 6th 2017